Re: fuel tank leak

> From: john <j.s.smith@domain.elided>
> Subject: fuel tank leak - urgent info request
>

> When I took the rear wheel off (filler side), after some poking about
> with a (wooden) stick I could see where the leak was coming from. The
> weld around the main fuel inlet "spout" (where it attaches to the fuel
> tank) has a pinhole leak.

Ouch. I had hoped for your sake that it was a bad fuel pump o-ring. To fix a
leaky tank right you'll have to take it off the car.

> ps I will take that rear seat out and take a look under the inspection
> plate too.

No need to humor me... ;-) sounds like you found the problem. Unfortunately,
to get the fuel tank out you'll need to remove half the exhaust system and
driveshaft. Not a fun job.

While you've got everything apart you might also consider replacing the
driveshaft center bearing/support and driveshaft flex disc...

Good luck,
Russ