Re: E30 Stereo Wiring

FWIW,

I had a stereo system professionally installed in my E30 318i, and they
installed the separate tweeters on the doors (plastic triangles).  They ran
the wires from the tweeters into the door, and into the wiring harness,
through the connector and through the mating body connector, and on to the
stereo.  In other words, they did not add pins and sockets to the door-body
wiring connectors.  It did not inhibit the removal of the connector to clean
the connector pins and sockets in the future (and we all know that it's a
requirement to keep the pins clean in order to keep those windows and door
locks working properly...).

Hope this helps,

- -rb