<X5> <E??> What did you pay for your new BMW?

I am looking at purchasing a new X5 3.0 for my wife, the SUV (er, SAV)
loving type.

Loaded up with the Steptronic, Premium, Cold, and Rear Climate packages,
Auto-dimming mirrors, Xenons, and Heated Steering Wheel the sticker price is
$47,020.  The kbb.com invoice price is $42,300.

My questions for fellow list members are:
1. If you purchased a similarly-equipped X5, what did you pay and where?
2. If you work in a BMW dealership, what can I expect to pay as a
rock-bottom price?  I was told (by a salesman) that BMW has no dealer
hold-back so the invoice price is actually what the dealer pays.  I figure
$1000 - $1500 profit would be fair but I have no idea what it costs to sell
cars.
3. Any one else care to comment on how close they got to the invoice price
on a new BMW of any model?

Bonus question: What is the chassis model designation for the X5 (i.e. E28
for my 87 5 series)?

Thanks!
John