e-30 trailer hitch questions

Hello again everyone,
More questions on my 89 325i.  Has anyone put a trailer hitch on an 89 or
later e-30?  I want to tow my girlfriends 92 ford festiva up to Virginia from
Texas on a tow dolly (front wheels off the ground).  The car only weighs
about 1750 lbs so I think the Bimmer should be up to the task.
I'm having a little difficulty finding hitches for this car though.  Also,
how did the wiring for the tail lights work out?  Does that send the
diagnostic system into a frenzy permanently?  I'd prefer to go with one of
those reciever type hitches, but so far my options are pretty limited.
Thanks for the help,
Jake Hahn
89 325i
87 Alfa Romeo spider