RE: 1995 BMW 318ti Airbag Light

Scott,

You quite possible have a bad seat belt latch. Or the connection was
separated/stretched when someone got into the back seat.

Have a shop read the fault code, it will tell you what is wrong and then go
from there.  This has happened once one my car and I simply reset the code.
This is a very common problem.

No need to replace the airbag, the system is functioning otherwise the SRS
light would not go out.  Its stays on for the extended time so that you are
aware that a fault occurred with the system.

HTH,

t.

Scott wrote:

Hello folks -

I have a 1995 318ti and recently the airbag light has been staying on.

It goes out after about 5-10 minutes of driving, but I'm wondering if anyone
has had a similar problem and knows what it might be (obviously it's
something to do with the airbag!)

I'm wondering (and hoping it's NOT) that the whole airbag needs to be
replaced.......