Re: How to check the viscous fan clutch?

Garry,

I don't think it should spin really freely, I would have to go outside and
try it out to find out, I think it should have some resistance even when
cold. Let me know if you need more help and I will go and have a look
later.
As for the water, I lost water through the spindle on the water pump
(classic plastic water pump propeller problem), difficult to tell where it
was coming from as it got distributed by the fan and clutch mechanism, I
occasionally saw a drip or two on the floor after it had been stood a
while. Also lost water through the radiator, the dealer missed this, it was
only as it became more of a problem that I noticed the white residue on the
radiator. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the radiator.

regards
Neil
Originally from Rotherham UK

>Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:01:59 -0500
>From: NOTES_TP.GREATLAKES.ggrigg <ggrigg@domain.elided>
>Subject: How to check the viscous fan clutch?

>How can I check the viscous fan clutch on 1.8 and 2 litre motors in the
E34?