<E30> Interior Lights + tale of woe

I have a problem with my interior lights, and for the first time, the
Bentley manual hasn't got much info.

I recently had a garage look at my car for a handling problem. It turns out
the tracking was slightly out, but they took it for a spin to check that the
tracking adjustment had cured the wandering, and they spun the car and
crashed my baby. They had to replace the passenger door and rear panel, and
they had to take the headlining out to repair the buckled roof. They made a
very good job of the repair though.

BUT the interior light stays on all the time now, with the switches in both
positions. The drivers door switch still makes a relay under the dash click,
as it always did (something to do with the interior light delay, on the
drivers door only) but the bulbs won't go out.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Are there any tests that I can do to prove
that the interior light control box is fine?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
England
1986 325is, fresh panels and paint