RE: :<E28> Quarter million miles (402,000 km) !!

Phil,

I think the shakes are for worn motor mounts. Have you replaced them?  Is
the idle steady at 700? If so I don't think the ICV is the problem. If the
idle is rough, then it could be the ICV, injectors or coolant temp sensor.
I've never had a car w/ the M30 motor. My comments are based upon experience
with other BMW motors, M20, S14, M42 and M50.

t.

Phil wrote:
- - - I have never replaced the ICV - I "think" mine works OK. It passes all
the
tests, but I have a horrible idle that even shakes the car at a stoplight
sometimes. The RPM's are rock steady at about 700 RPM, even while she
shakes. I overgapped the plugs and the valve clearance by one gauge strip,
and it seemed to help, but not much. Maybe the ICV? Where's a good source?