From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Dave
Rathnow
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:57 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Cold start value on '88 325iX - does it exist?

Beamer in question: 1988 325iX

A while back I posted a question about fuel odors in the
passanger compartment.   It was suggested that my cold start
valve may be cuput so I looked into replacing it.  My local
BMW dealer has a part listed for my year but according to the
Bentley manual, the '88 325's don't have one.  They use a
different mechanism.

Does anyone know if this is true?  If not, where might I find this
little thing on my engine?  It's not where the Bentley manual says
its suppose to be for the pre-88 models.

Thanks
Dave.

- --