Waterpump brute force and ignorance

Phil Wrote<<
I'm trying to figure out how
to get the fan clutch nut out of the pump pulley. I have a 32mm wrench, but
no amount of tapping and liquid wrench is helping. I am going clockwise from
front (reverse threads). Any ideas? >>

Phil, try holding onto the pulley to waterpump bolt heads with a set of
giant channel lock pliers, then turning 32mm wrench clockwise.  Another way
to hold it is to put a wrench on the alternator pully nut, and lean on the v
belt to hold it, and still another way is to back the waterpump flange bolts
out, then use a long screwdriver jammed between them and the water pump hub.

Removing the radiator fan shroud seems to make life easier.

Good Luck,  Dave Leonard  88 735i, third waterpump, 228k miles.