Re: BMW Dealers

I'm jumping in late and didn't read all the posts in this thread but I
thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

The problem is arrogance.  BMW has to be one of the most successful car
companies of the last decade so they simply do not try that hard.  If they
lose a customer due to poor service, who cares, another will come along.

My personal experience has been 90% bad.  Downtown BMW in Toronto wanted me
to sign a document stating that I would pay the $1000 insurance deductible
before I got a test drive.  I told them "Nuts".  Neither Downtown nor
Mississauga BMW offered a club discount on parts (didn't try the others).

OTOH, Budd's BMW in Oakville was great.  This may have had something to do
with the fact that I was referred to the used car manager by a previous
customer.  In any event, the really treated me well and allowed me to really
shake out an M3.  The salesman encouraged me to drift it through corners and
drive very aggressively.  I was impressed.  Unfortunately, I didn't buy -
instead going for a 911.  But if I were to buy a new or used BMW from a
dealer, it would be Budd's.

Henry