More acceleration for a 528i

A friend asked me today what to do about his acceleration woes.  He has a '98
528i automatic.  Nothing is wrong with the car, just his personal accessories
weigh the vehicle down: 19' wheels and a 300lbs. sound system.  I figure
chip, intake and exhaust are pretty much a waste of time.  Being an
automatic, I think that leaves out supercharging and turbocharging without
having spare trans lying around.  Please tell me if I am wrong.  We pretty
much narrowed it down to a quicker diff., M3 cams or NOS...  Maybe a
combination of all.

The diff seems to be the quick solution.  Any suggestions on a swap?  I have
no clue of the stock ratio.  Who's been here?

I have had friends that have swapped to M3 cams on their 325i's, both being
E36's.  Can this be done on this car with OBDII?  Software?

I feel pretty comfortable with putting on a 30 shot of NOS, maybe 50.  My
friend has an 80 shot wet lying around which I am telling him NO.  Puts too
much strain on the tranny which can't handle the S/C or Turbo in the first
place.  With two triggers for the NOS, we can keep most of the low-end stress
off the trans.

A 540i is his other solution, but can't afford to do that now.  He would need
to run the motor down for a good excuse, but the longevity of the BMW
motor.....

TIA

Rodney

End of bmw-digest V9 #1958