E30 power window problem

All:
I have an 86 325es and when operating the power windows, they both refused
to operate. They are currently in the up position. The #17 fuse drives the
windows and roof. My roof window switch is illuminated with power on and
works fine, swapping the switches out proved to me that the switches are not
at fault. Both windows switches are unlit but do light fine when put in the
sunroof position. I suspect another fuse besides #17. I am away from home
and have only my owners manual.
Can anyone suggest a solution or place to trouble shoot? Seems strange that
the fuse is not blown since the roof motor and switch operate normally and
are on the same circuit if my manual can be trusted. I don't have my Bentley
so I am at a loss.
Thanks
Brad Purvis

End of bmw-digest V9 #1957