RE: "Dustless" brake pads

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 alex.fadeev@domain.elided wrote:

> (PBR Deluxe and Hawk HPS comes to mind), but I would not want to
> have either one of those two on my car for anything other than
> daily commuting. Not even an autoX.

 I've been autocrossing my E30 on PBR Deluxe pads for 2 seasons now.
For the 60-odd second GGC courses with ~55mph top speeds, they have
never let me down.  And with the stick-on shims I got, they have been
quiet too.
 You're right about the single 100mph stop capability though - don't
get carried away there, they'll begin to stink mightily and that's the
least of your problems at that point.  8-o

- --
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro