E30 Heater question

 In the recent weeks, I've noticed the heater doesn't work on my recently
acquired 86 325.  I was just outside troubleshooting and think I've tracked
it down to the area of the heater core solenoid.  While looking at it, I
noticed what appears to be a fuse located in one of the two wires going to
the solenoid.  Problem is, I can barely get my fingers on one half of the
fuse holder (if that's what it is).  Can someone verify this is a fuse,
before I take my dash the rest of the way apart?   Even better, can someone
recommend an easy way to remove the fuse for testing?

Thanks,
Keith Turner
86 325
88 325 iC