pleasant experience today at Russel BMW, Balto, MD

Hi-

Please allow me to share a pleasant dealer
experience I had today.

I was on the last turn of my drive home from
work yesterday when I heard a distinct "pop"
from under the hood.  The power steering got
very "noisy" and the steering wheel became
a bit harder to turn.  I get the car (97 M3 coupe)
into the garage, turn it off and look under it.  Red
fluid is dripping onto the floor.  Something
broke somewhere in the power steering system,
I'm guessing.  It's now 5 pm, too late to get
the car serviced today.

At 7 Fri morning, I head to Russel BMW in Balto,
MD.... about 15 minutes away.  The car is driveable,
but makes a lot of racket.  I hope that I'm not
doing more damage to the steering system.  I don't
have an appointment... it takes about a week to
get one with them.  This is only my second
visit to this dealer. I had an Inspection I
done there about a month ago.  I did not buy
the car from them.

I was preparing myself to spend many hours at the
dealer today.

I'm first in line as they open the doors at 7:30.
I spend the next hour or so in the customer
lounge.  I then hear my name called and talk to
the Service Manager (Tom).  "The power steering
hose running from the reservoir to the rack &
pinion has broken.  We don't have the part here
but could get one by 11. The car will be ready
by 1 or so this afternoon.  Oh, and by the way,
a loaner car is available today.  Someone did
not need it at the last minute.  Would you like
to take it for the day?"

Rather than cool my heels in the customer lounge
for a few hours (or longer!), I take the car and
head to work.  I'm a happy camper.  At this point,
I almost don't care how much the repair bill will
be.

I'm VERY satisfied with Russel BMW.  I'll be back.

Cheers,

Kevin Gregg
kevingregg@domain.elided
1997 BMW M3 Estoril Blue coupe