E30 Help Needed

I have been driven crazy with a leaking oil pan gasket on my '90 325is.  The local shops are quoting me between $275 and $300 to do this.  Being "in between jobs" right now this is a steep outlay for some slow leaking oil.  However, it is a thorn in my side and I'd like to get it taken care of.  In order to do the job myself I would feel more comfortable with a little help, teamwork so to speak.  Someone to bounce ideas off of and to assist when and if the going gets ugly or difficult.

If anyone is intereseted in assisting me with this project I would be very appreciative.  I live in the SF Bay Area.  Please send directly to my email address so as to not burden the rest of the Digest readers.

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you.

Peter