89' 325IC Interior light stays on....

Hi Folks;
Anyone out there ever encountered their interior light remaining on
constantly??

Symptoms:
When I turn ignition on, the light goes off...when open door with ignition
on, it works fine... turn ignition off light comes on and as per usual
illuminated entry, this light should go off after 10-20 sec, but it stays on
constantly, even when I open and close the door.

Jamb switch is ok, but i suspect the door handle switch that activates the
illuminated entry circuit/lock heater is the culprit.

Any suggestions and /or fixes??

TIA