water pump gasket & bolts

Gentlemen
  A trick I've been using for decades when it comes to water pumps is to
install the gasket to the pump with a really "solid" adhesive.  I use
PERMATEX aviation gasket sealant.
  Then after the sealant has set up, I apply easy to clean RTV silicon
selastic typical gasket sealant to the engine side of the water pump gasket.
  I then, hold the water pump in the proper orientation, and install the
bolts thru the pump and gasket, then approach the motor, starting all bolts
a couple of turns before allowing the gasket to touch the motor.
  This way, I'm posative I haven't nicked the gasket while installing any
of the bolts.

 Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW hobby
shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independent service & Instruction since 1964
 12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601
MEMBER IBMWSP