Making My own HID Kit

Well from all the privates response to my question about www.procarparts.com I
came to the conclusion that they use the German made Phillips ballast and
cheap Taiwanese bulbs. Some have made comments that the Phillips ballasts are
not that great also. What is everyone's opinion on that.

I have checked www.hids4less.com they sell an all

Here is an excert from their site:

- -----
All Components are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) quality. In fact, we
use the same exact type of bulbs and electronic control units that BMW,
Mercedes, Acura, Lexus etc. uses.

All our kits are produced by our parent company, MTC Lighting. Manufactured in
the USA to the strictest quality standards using state of the art machinery.
Please visit the About Us Page for further details.

5 Year Limited Warranty. This warranty both covers the ballasts (also referred
as the electronic control unit) and bulb

Plug and play installation. Installing our kit is not much harder than
replacing your headlight bulbs. All kits come with a wiring harness and
detailed instructions.

2 types of electronic control units. Type I is the inverter and igniter
integrated as one. Type II is a 2 piece system which allows for greater
mounting options
- -----

The type one kit is $609 and the Type 2 kit is $794. The type 2 kit not only
features the 2 piece ballast but also 6000K Phillips bulbs that is supposed to
be more purple and the same bulb used by

Here is an excerpt about the Stage 1 versus Stage 2 kit:

- ----
The major difference is in found in the bulbs. Stage 2 bulbs run at 6000k and
are composed of a gas mixture that emits a very purplish hue, Versus a Stage 1
kit, which run at 4300k, and emit a very white light. The stage 2 system is
the same exact system found on the European Le man Race cars. This system
eclipses any other automotive lighting system on the market today. Nothing can
even match the light output.
- ----

Has anyone dealt with this company? Has anyone seen the Stage 2 lights? Are
they worth almost $200 more? What about the ballasts is 2 piece better then
one piece?

I was thinking about buying OEM BMW or Other (Ford as UUC used) ballasts and
buying the bulbs only from these people. Would this work? The site does have a
write up on how to use OEM ballasts and their bulbs. If anyone has a BMW Parts
CD, how much do the OEM Ballasts cost? I would think the OEM units would be
built better then the aftermarket stuff.

Thank You in Advance

Bill P

End of bmw-digest V9 #1932