BMW CPT 8000 Digital Portable Cellular Phone

Hello all,

I'm looking at buying a used 2000 323Ci here in Toronto, Ontario, it's a
beauty and I'm pretty excited.  It's very well-appointed, with all the
options I would order if I was buying new.

I have some questions about the Motorola-manufactured-for-BMW cell phone.

a) Does anyone out there have this in the Toronto or Greater Toronto area?
What carrier (Bell Mobility, Rogers, Etc.) are you on, how is the reception?
I heard the Digital Motorola "StarTac" phones had bad reception- and I'm
wondering what this BMW version is like.

b) How hard is it to install? (I don't think the car has the Telephone
pre-wire). I'm not much a huge DIYer but I have some friends how are kinda
handy.

c) Anyone know where I can buy this in Canada or the US for good price? The
dealer quoted me $2900 CDN or about $1900 USD for this, which I thought was
a bit extreme.

I'd like to get this, as Ontario just banned hand-held cell phones in cars,
plus, it makes sense (to me) to have the phone integrated with the cars
electronics.

Anyone with the telephone kit ever plugged a non-BMW Motorola StarTac phone
to see if it works? :)

Please reply to me directly if you have any information -

Thank you very much and happy motoring,

Scott Shortt

scottshortt@domain.elided