Autocross from CA to AZ?

Hello all
Well I'm going to be moving to Phoenix in November to
attend UTI corp. Where in about a year and a half I
will be a trained BMW macanic. But this is not the
reason that I'm writing. The reason is I looked into
the autocross program that that had in Phoenix throw
the BMWCCA. There didn't seem to be one so I email the
head guy of both the chapter that were close bye and
they said that not many people are interested in
autocross. I'm moving from the bay area to AZ and the
San Fransico chapter has a great autocross program. I
also lived in San Diego last year and attend a couple
of there autocross events and they were great. My
question is to anyone that might live in AZ do you
guys have an interest in autocross? Is there any where
that is near that offers an autocross type program? It
seems strange to me coming from Cali where they have
some of the best autocross to going to a place where
there is none. Is there some hidden reason why you
guys hide your lovely BMW's so that they never see the
track? Please help me with any insight that you might
have. As I would hate to join the porsche car club
just so I can autocross.

Thanks
Kyle Sanchez