New 7's are lookin real sporty!

I've been seeing oldish men, and some younger men/women driving the newest
7's around the Washington DC area and notice alot of people are buying them
with those 18" and maybe even 19" wheels, with very little sidewall
showing - just wheel, wheel, wheel!  I think it's great that the 7's are
getting so sporty they might even be considered "hot".  They especially look
great in black, all detailed out, with the showy wheels gliding down the
highway at supersonic speeds.  Have they gotten rid of the chrome colored
horizontal strip on the rear of the car?  The few I've seen recently that
looked new didn't have this strip of chrome, though they did have the new
rear lights.  Just curious.

Seeing pics of the newest 7, the one that's not out yet (E65?), - the
exterior has really grown on me.  Not sure if the buying public is going to
go for that newfangled dash, or lack of dash, set up.  Do people really want
that crazy new (i) technology in their cars?  Seems like they're really
going out on a limb, with a payoff that might not happen.  Are any other
manufacturers planning on using this same new technology on their 2002-3
models?  It would be odd if BMW used it this one year, and then found out
that people didn't really want to buy cars with it, and then never used it
again.  I would never buy a car with this strange layout.  I bet many
potential buyers end up with the traditionally layed out 5 series or used 7
series when they finally appear on the market.  Hope for BMW's sake I'm
wrong.

Just my 3 cents.
Steve Robinson
95 740i (soon to be that "old" body style)
95 540i (that "old" body style)
88 911  just old