91 535i Re-Vamp pls help!

All,

I just recently purchased a project car, a 535i with 150,000 miles on it.. The paint and body are in great condition.. All scheduled maintenance has occured on time through the same dealer and I have all receipts (rare right?).. Anyrate, fairly rare find for a great price.  My questions to the experts (you all), is how long should I expect this car to run (mileage)??  And what immediately should I do to prolong the life of the engine, the chassis and the paint.  Other than a few small chips on the mirrors and the side door, the paint shines up immaculately (hunter green).  The brakes, rotors, etc have recently been replaced.  It's got a new clutch and at some point had a Dinan Performance chip installed (faster spark?).  I assume that during the regularly scheduled maintenance periods they did things like spark plugs, wires, etc.  I really want this car to last, make it a commuter, etc.  Could use your input.  Right now it runs great but mechanically I want it to last.  Also are there any performance recc you would go ahead and do (exhaust, etc) that's more in line with more modern BMW 5 series..  I'm already very impressed with this car.  Thanks ahead,

Matt