325i Driver's Seat

Hi,

I am a newbie to this list though I have been on other (Porsche and Jag)
lists in the past.

I have acquired a 1990 325i and the driver's seat back is skewed. I
understand this is a common problem.

Is it repairable or am I looking for a new seat?

If the problem was that common, was there ever a recall on them like Jaguar
had with their setbelts?

Second question.. I have two buttons on the by the shift lever that I cannot
figure out. the first is drivers side, forward of the window buttons, it is
the same sizre and shape as a window button but it clicks up or down.

The other is across on the passenger side from that button and is
rectangular, not square, it is spring loaded and does not click into a
depressed position.

Any clues??

Regards,

Will Hartje