Subaru WRX and Audi S4 crush 330xi? Ouch! <wob>

Anyone else felt embarrassed by the results of the comparo test between the
new Subaru Impreza WRX, the Audi S4 and the BMW 330xi in the newest Car and
Driver?  They have the Impreza coming in 2nd behind the last place Bimmer -
the guy says the Bimmer finished poorest in the skidpad and lane change
maneuver, it rolled in turns and the tires howled in protest, was the least
powerful of the group, the "Cadillac" of the group (?), tires squealed at
even moderate cornering speeds, few features for a $40k car, underwhelming
grip, revs too high on the hwy, too soft, had "lousy nearly flat seats that
are covered in leatherette".  Man, what's up BMW, when a Subaru is showing
you up?  They give the Audi S4 first place in this comparison of (3) Full
Time 4 Wheel Drives winning almost every contest - the skidpad, 2 secs
faster a lap than the Subaru, the easiest to drive, most enjoyable and
secure car to drive fast, comfy as a La-Z-boy (is that a good thing?), "it's
subdued hues and materials would fit nicely in a car twice as much"?!?
What's happened here?  Is BMW losing it's edge?  It hurt to see the 330xi
come in last.

Hey, this is the only thing I've read lately that had nothing to do with the
World Trade Center/Pentagon horrorfest, as it came out earlier than these
disasters occurred.  It was a pleasure to read something so light and fun
today, after sifting through the awful articles in the Washington Post and
the new New Yorker issue (ultra gloomy cover - real eerie) this past week.
I hope the our country can one day return to the perceived peace we felt
here in the USA 2 weeks ago.

Steve Robinson
1995 740i  das boot
1995 540i  and oldie but a goodie
1988 911   my ride of choice this week with the nice weather we've had