Re: Thanks (Again) to Richard Welty

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:31:09 -0400, davidagellman@domain.elided (david
gellman) wrote:
>Richard was identified on the back page of the main section of Friday's
> Wall Street Journal as the key element in tracking down and identifying
> the con artist who set-up a phony charitable web site for donations in
> the wake of the terror bombings.

>Richard, thanks again for your efforts and your diligence.  Your fellow
> Bimmer-heads, and your fellow Americans appreciate it.

thanks, i guess i need to see the article and find out what they wrote
about me. it sounds like they're giving me more credit than i claimed
for myself; not knowing who else might have tried to run the spammer
to the ground, and not knowing if i had actually been the spark that
got the fbi moving, i didn't want to claim that it was due to my
effort alone.

i will claim responsibility for getting the word to Genuity (whose
dialinx.net dialups were the ones abused injecting the spam) that they
had a problem.

richard