Two Problems: Climate Control and Alarm - 96 328 IS

I have a 96 328IS with 57K miles am experiencing two
different, and probably unrelated problems...

1)  Alarm system going off for unknown reasons.  Over
the past 6 - 8 months my alarm has gone off for what
appears to be no apparent reason.  Three times at
night while the car is parked outside my garage.  No
reason to believe that anyone attempted to enter or
move car.  Two other times during the day while parked
in parking lots.  System is BMW which I installed
after the car was purchased used (certified) two years
ago.   Obviously this is quite nerve racking and
embarrasing.

2)  Climate Control:  Beginning today, the climate
control panel won't come on or operate when I first
start the car.  After a couple of minutes it comes to
life.  Then it may shut down for 20 seconds then come
back on and operate properly.

Any thoughts or advice.

Rick
glass6t@domain.elided