Re: Subject: E30 Idle Problem

In a message dated 9/12/01 12:22:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Subject: E30 Idle Problem
>
> OK I had a perfectly good running car ( 86 325ES) before  cleaning the
> airflow sensor, throttle body and idle control valve. The symptoms are that
> the car idles poorly by hunting from 750 to 1200-1500 rpms once warm. Also
> it will idle at time up to 2000-2500 rpms with no kick down or kick down
> only once in a while.

       I had an 86 325ES which had the same problem (twice).  It may either
be the idle control valve (which sounds like is functional on your car) or
the idle control module.  The ICM is a small green box located on one side
behind the glove box in the dash.  I replaced both to solve my problem.