'99 M Roadster Alarm...

Hi all,

My '99 M Roadster claims to be "pre wired for a BMW Alarm".  I want to
add an alarm to the car and I am looking for comments on getting the
BMW alarm versus an aftermarket alarm.

I assume there are some advantages and disadvantages to connecting to
the BMW wiring harness as opposed to installing one separately and
would like to hear comments on this as well.

I have a friend of mine in the alarm installation business and he
sells Clifford.  It sounds like I can get all of the features of the
BMW alarm with the Clifford.

Thanks very much,

/greg

- --