540i suspension

I have a daily driver of a 1994 540i that I never race but do drive it a
little fast in town and on the highway.  What affect will I get by replacing
the thrust bushings with the high performance ploy bushings vs. the OEM
rubber ones?  Or should I simple stick to the rubber OEM type?  I seem to
have to replace these about every 50K miles.  I had the same problem with my
'89 535i.

The only other mods I have are a K&N air filter and I plan to purchase the
Jim C chip for it.

TIA,
Tomas S. Perez

End of bmw-digest V9 #1897