(e36) my radiator blew up!

Doug:
   Good luck with the rad/water pump repair. From personal experience I
would advise you to pay close attention to the possibility that the
overheating can create a head gasket sealing problem down the road. This
happened to me and I noticed it as a slow loss of coolant over time
(about a quart every couple of weeks) and the smell of antifreeze in the
exhaust. For cars that have  overheated there are 2 choices:
1) replace the head gasket now, especially if you are going on a long
trip
2) watch for the signs of head gasket failure very closely for at least
the nest few months

I hope you're OK, but best to keep a close watch on the symptoms just in
case.

Peter Cain