From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
BnglowBill@domain.elided
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 9:19 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: E-34 (535i) Radiator Question

I recently had my oil changed and thought it was leaking afterwards.  After
having the leak checked I realized it was actually coolant from the plug on
the driver's side bottom of the radiator.  I tried to tighten the plug just
bit so I didn't strip it, but it seems that it was already stripped.  When I
removed the plug, very little coolant came out.  I'm not reeeeal familiar
with the radiator on an E34, but shouldn't I have seen the radiator drain
when the plug came out???  Is this a common problem with these radiators?
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Bill Klingbeil
Grand Prairie, Texas