the incredible sucking sound of your front splash shield heading south

Well folks, I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later. And last
afternoon it did. That is to say that I lightened my '95 M3 by depositing
the splash shield on the road at triple digit speeds.
I was making sure that I finally cured my front end rattle. The rattle is
gone, the C-clamps holding front Eibach to front subframe worked themselves
loose. But now I need to come up with a replacement for the front splash
shield. I'm currently looking at three options (pretty much in the order of
preference):
1. Buy a JTD aluminum splash shield replacement. The only reason I haven't
placed the order yet is that a). I've read some less than enthusiastic
reviews of this product on the digests b). it requires removal of the OEM
'pork chops' which may leave front fender liners without firm attachment
points in the front
2. Buy another OEM splash shield and experiment with modifying mounting
points to keep the shield in place at speed.
3. Buy another OEM splash shield and install it as is - waste of money?

What do you all think about any of the above three options?
I'm particularly interested in JTD aluminum splash shield replacement
reviews!
TIA,
alex f