325i- "Slightly" lightened flywheel?

It's about clutch time for my '89 325i, and while I have it apart I was
thinking about lightening the flywheel a bit- the stock unit is very heavy,
I've heard this is to keep the gear rattle in neutral to a minimum.

You see aluminum flywheels in the parts catalogs, but many of these carry
references to computer chips with higher idle speeds, etc.

Anyone have experience with lightening the stock 'wheel a little bit? How
much weight did you remove? Noticeable improvement in acceleration and "off
throttle" performance? Effect on idle and gear rattle?

TIA

George W. Traminer
'89 325i "workhorse"- 220,000 miles