Re: Great dealer experience

Dana writes:

>Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:53:56 -0400
>From: "Dana" <dana.m.sion@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Great dealer experience w/95 740i - very surprised!

<snip>

>   I then saw why my rear wheels would be red hot to touch and smell after
>trying to drive and why I lost control a few days before I had the problems
>fixed on a busy road, spinning completing 3 times before regaining
>control(thank gosh to special driving classes(grin) ).  The whole rear
>brake system was shot beyond repair, and they brake lines nearly burst I
>was lucky and they salvaged them.   They had to replace both rotors,
>calipers and pads.  My tires were nearly destroyed also.  (its was
>basically like driving around with your foot slammed down on the brake as
>hard as you can and driving tope speed on the expressway(grin) ).

Dana,

The damage you describe doesn't happen quickly, but is the result of neglect
over a long period of time.  Whoever did the tech inspections prior to your
"special driving classes" should also be crossed off your list of quality
repair shops.

Also, if your brake lines "nearly burst", they are damaged and should be
replaced ASAP.

- -rb