RE: E30 Fuel pump problem

I was having the same problem with my 88 325is and solved it with a new main
relay.  The cost was only $10.40 at the dealer.  The existing relay was the
original, dated 1988.  The symptoms were the same, not starting on occasion
and cutting out intermittently.  At about $10, it would be worth a try.

Tim

> I am having an irritating intermittent problem with my 89 325i with
motronic
> 1.1 engine management.  Perhaps someone can help me with the
> troubleshooting:
>
> The symptoms are that intermittently, the car will turn over and not
start.
> Also, lately it has been periodically stalling.  I have done some
> troubleshooting suggested by Bentley, but it is frustrating b/c the
problem
> is intermittent.  Here is what I have done:
> I determined that the fuel pump is not running when the problem occurs.
The