Red-linging the RPM

Hi everyone,

Here's a question that came to mind the other day when I (for a maximum 1-2
seconds) exceeded the RPM redline to avoid having a Audi A6 marrying its
grill to the rear end of my 318i at (his) excessive speed:  if a similar
accident-avoidance incident were undertaken in a BMW under warranty, and it
was duly noted on the on-board computer, would the said warranty be voided?
Or is rightly presumed that a remote red-lining incident is distinct from
general wreckless driving, and the warranty stays intact?

Robert MacPherson, Brussels
'95 BMW 318i (no longer under warranty)