Re: bmw- VDO gauges

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, at 15:52:35 EDT, TISMAEL711@domain.elided wrote:

>     Does anyone know how to hook-up VDO gauges?  I have a three cluster
>gauge assembly with temperature, amps, and psi.......

Instruction sheets for VDO gauges are available at
http://www.vdona.com/Tech%20Support/Automotive/Instructionsheets.htm .

VDO makes an oil-pressure sender with 2 terminals: one for the gauge, and
one for the warning light. Although I was able to install it directly on my
'70 2002, they also make an adaptor. The adaptor cants the sender to one
side so it doesn't interfere with the condenser on the distributor. Not a
problem if you have a Pertronix or other replacement for mechanical points.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi
BMW CCA