Re: Battery price hosing & Is it safe to drive into Baxter State Park, pothole wise?

Okay Steve, now you done did me wrong - I was just talking to a Mainer
friend of mine about Katahdin being the start of the Appalachian Trail,
and she set me straight:

//
Not Just the End
More to Maine's Mount Katahdin than just the AT
Adapted From _50 Hikes in the Maine Mountains_
by Cloe Chunn

"Mile-high Mount Katahdin, a granite monolith and Maine's highest
mountain, rises in the southern half of Baxter State Park surrounded by
the Cross Range and other peaks at the northern end of the
500-million-year-old Appalachian Mountain range."
//

It appears that on 7/1/01 10:39 AM, Stephen Robinson at