Windshield Chrome "Rusted" after Replacement

Two months ago, I had my windshield replaced on my 325iC.  Proudly could see
through the windshield without cracks.  Then, about a month after
replacement, I noticed some "browning" of the chrome trim that surrounds the
windshield.  It continues to worsen, can't be removed with cleaners.  Did
the repair folks use a heat gun or some chemicals on the gasket that damaged
my chrome?  None of the other chrome on the car looks like this.

*	Jerry Miller   phone: 415.973.4104;  fax 415.973.8494
       123 Mission St. - Rm 2611; San Francisco, CA 94105