Re: E28/E34 wheel question

In a message dated 6/19/01 6:39:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:22:42 EDT
> From: FMAPEAIA@domain.elided
> Subject: E28/E34 wheel question
>
> I have a set of OEM E36 M3 17X7.5's - can I get them on the E28 or the E34
> with spacers?? I have a set of 20mm and a set of 6mm hubcentric spacers and
> some 235 tires - that would make the car look a bunch better.
>
> Frank
> '86 528e
> '91 535i

You can most definitely get the wheels on.  A friend of mine has the
double-spoke II's on his E28.  In the rear, no spacers are required but some
gentle massaging is need with a small hammer on the the inside.  You will
chunk the inside tread when you have 3 people in the rear and hit a bump.  No
fender rolling required.  The fornt requires spacers.  More info needed?  I
can send you his e-mail address.

Rodney