Re: bmw-digest V9 #1830

> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:16:34 -0700
> From: James Lofgren <lofgren@domain.elided>
> Subject: Question on Dinan Equipped M3
>
> I have been looking for an M3, and located a '98 with 21K miles (the
> exterior paintis tecno-violet, but I can live with it).  It has the
"Dinan"
> emblem on the left rear trunk, and the dealer selling the car said the car
> consists of $6K of Dinan upgrades, which were installed by a BMW dealer

<snip>

Unless it's got the full Dinan Supercharger kit on it, somebody is blowing
sunshine
up your shorts.  There are a short list of Authorized BMW Dealers who do
Dinan
installs (one of them is in Lake Forrest, IL).  The dealer should be able to
tell you
where the upgrades were installed (I'm SURE that affects warranty and
therefore
would need to tracked through the dealer network) and what was installed.

Is it value added, yes.  Will it cost more to maintain in the future,
likely.

John Virnig
'97 328is