Re: E34 535i

Bill:

I'm reasonably sure that the 3.5l engine on the E34s used a timing belt.  If
so, make sure it was changed sometime between 60k miles and when you got it.
The alternative is lots of expensive pistons meeting lots of expensive
valves.  :-(

                               => Mitch

In a message dated 06/11/2001 9:03:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:37:34 EDT
> From: BnglowBill@domain.elided
> Subject: E34 535i
>
> I just bought a 92 535i 5-speed with about 73K on it.  It was from a
> reputable BMW dealer near me and seemed to check out fine on the test drive
> and inspection.  Anything special I should look out for?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Bill
> Grand Prairie, Texas

End of bmw-digest V9 #1826