AC control

I was using my air conditioning the other day, and got to thinking.  When you
set the system to maintain a given temperature, say 70 degrees on an 85
degree day, I assume that the system cycles the AC compressor on and off as
the temperature cycles above and below 70 degrees.  I would hope that it
never mixes heated air with cooled air.

And I assume that when you adjust the control below the air vent from blue
dots (cold) to orange dots (warm), you are mixing the air conditioned air
with warm outside air in varying proportions.

Opinions?

Curt Allen
95 M3, hellrot (red)