re: clutch bleeder nipple

Alex Fadeev wrote:
> Michel Drainville wrote:
> > PS.  One fellow suggested me to check my clutch travel,
> > may be there was some air trapped in the system.
>
> The hydraulic clutch is filled with brake fluid.
> I am not sure about the E30s, but on E36 cars there
> is another brake fluid bleeder nipple at the clutch.

On my E30 and on my E28, the clutch slave bleeder nipple is accessible on
the left side of the transmission.  I have never bled it the old-fashioned
way by pumping the brake or clutch pedal, but it's as simple as the brakes
with a pressure bleeder.
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129