RE: WOB - Euro Car Rental Info Needed (was: Euro Car Rental Info Needed)

"I have rented on various occasions (relying on
memory for this next part) both Opel Amiga's or Vauxhall Cavalier; similar
looking to the Cadillac Catera (sp?), which I believe is simply one of these
same cars, but rebadged."
Just to correct this info - the Opel Omega (not Amiga!) is virtually identical
to the Cadillac Catera, however it is offered in Europe with a much larger
range of engine options, from a 2.0 litre to a 3.0 litre with a higher output
than the Catera engine.  This is a large rear wheel drive car (by European
standards - somewhere between a 5-series and 7-series).  The Vauxhall Cavalier
on the other hand is exactly identical to the Opel Vectra and there is no
American equivalent to these cars.  They are mid-size (again by Euro
standards), front wheel drive,  and are a great choice for roominess and fuel
efficency (gas is more than $1/litre or $4/gallon most places in Europe).  The
four cylinder versions will be a bit disappointing on the Autobahn, with the
exception maybe of the 2.0 16V versions, although my brother did have a 1.6
16V up to 200km/h (124mph) with some help from the wind ;-)  The 2.5 V6 is the
choice for rapid Autobahn cruising but it will cost you in gas money... and
higher rental fees.  Overall, I'd have to know more about how much you would
like to spend on gas before I could recommend anything.
Martin
'95 318ti
'87 Toyota MR2