Window Switches (was Hazard Relay)

I used disassemble and repair the switches my 87 325 because I always had
the same problem.  The fix did work. Eventually decided the hassle wasn't
worth it and just bought new ones when a switch failed.   On my car (sedan)
all four window switches are identical, so when the most-used switch failed
I could swap it with a window I rarely opened and postpone the purchase.

Strangely enough, a few years ago the switches stopped failing.  Perhaps
the replacement switches I purchased from the dealer been improved somehow
- - I never opened one up to find out.   Or perhaps the acquisition of a
garage (whole house, actually) eliminated the need to close the windows at
night and reduced the switch usage.   Truthfully, I never realized that the
switches stopped failing until this email jogged that neuron.

Tony.