Re: Radio code setting

On 8 May 2001, at 19:48, bmw-digest wrote:

> If you're pressing five digits, but the radio beeps and still displays
> 'CODE', you're entering the wrong code.  If the radio beeps before
> you've entered five digits, then you've pressed one (or more) buttons
> multiple times.

Back in April I retreived my '85 528e from a cold winter in my garage
- -- the battery had failed.  So the radio asked for its security code
to be entered once we got a new battery installed.

I have done this many times before, but this time the radio would not
accept the (correct) code.

Got out the manual, and it was no help.  Went to this list, and got
lots of advice, for which I am thankful.

None of the advice got the radio working, however.

Been meaning to chase either BMW or a local dealer, but just have not
gotten around to it.

Today, while driving around on some errands, on a whim decided to try
the code again (same, >corect< code).  Did this about 3 minutes after
starting the car after one stop for errand.

To my surprise, the display showed 87.9, the bottom of the FM band.
Now the radio works perfectly, after 6 weeks or so of not accepting
the code.

Thanks for all the advice. Go figger.

Larry Swain