RE: Inspection II Vs. tune-Up

Chris Fowler [mailto:ChrisF@domain.elided] wrote:

> I have an 87 325es that needs a tune-up.

Chris,
What do you mean when you say your car needs a 'tune-up'?
Do you have any specific derivability issues or is your mechanic just
shopping for a new yacht?

> Are there major differences between a tune-up and Inspection II?

Certainly: E30 inspection 2 procedures are well documented by the factory.
For the detailed list see the Bentley E30 manual (you own one, don't you?
www.rb.com)
God only knows what a tune-up is.

> Should I need a tune-up as well as the inspections?

See above.

> I also need a good fuel additive to clean up everything.
> What should I use?

Chevron adds Techron to it's gasoline but also sells it in separately.
Some BMW dealers sell a product called BG-40. I don't know if it's any
better or worse than Techron, but it is certainly more expensive.

alex f

End of bmw-digest V9 #1815